Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tanner’s Graduation Party

It was wonderful to see our family again. My sisters and Rich’s sister and brother made it to the graduation. There were about a hundred people invited and I think most of them showed up despite the rain. It seems it has been raining in Earlville almost every day. The graduation was held outdoor and it rained on the students, faculty, and guests. Everyone who did not come prepared got  soaked.  Of course that included Rich and me.  Our umbrellas were in the back of the boat and thankfully got packed not give away to Cliff.  The school principal wanted to move the ceremony inside but the students objected because everyone was already soaked so the principal said okay.  I think it was the facility that wanted to go inside and delay the service for another half hour. It stopped raining about ten minutes later and started up again a few hours later.
Tanner and Adam
Brian, Tanner, Julie, and Adam
Rich, Tanner and me
On Sunday Rich started the process of dealing with the weeds in the yard.
Before pics
After pictures

Sunday evening Rich and I took a ride to Oneida Lake to Holmes Marina (our old marina) to see if anyone was around and to see if there were any boats for sale.  At 7:30 the marina was empty all the weekend boaters went home.  There were a lot of boats for sale and two of them were old friends of ours so we were hoping they were okay. One of the couples Bob and Joan were elderly and Bob had a heart condition. We use to be docked next to them and they washed and watched our boat while Rich was in the hospital having heart surgery. If only the weekend boaters knew the joy of living aboard and going to working from your boat. When we drove past our old Trojan looking so beautiful at her dock it was all I could do not to get out of the car and climb aboard.  It still hurt my heart that we sold it. I loved that boat.  To date it was the best boat we every owned, but I know the new one we find will be loved just as much.
Well I am headed for McDonald’s in Hamilton to get this blog posted, check emails, and stop at one of the Amish Farms to buy some flowers for the planters on our deck. It is nice to be in cooler temperatures.  Today is sunny and 85 with showers expected later this afternoon than the cooler temperatures of 70 will be here for the rest of the week.  You got to love it!  I wanted to add more pics but the internet here at McDonalds is so slow so I will have to pass on it sorry.  Be Blessed my friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment