Monday, June 6, 2011

Just another Monday











The temerature is suppose to go up to 96 today so I wanted to get a start on the day early. We will be moving our boat back to Dock A this week. Rich and I will be leaving for NY on June 23rd for our grandson Tanner's High School graduation, and we want to be sure the Morningstar is in a safer more protected location. Hurrricane season began on June 1st. The weather has been crazy everywhere and I am sure Florida will get at least one hurricane this year.

Well I guess it wasn't just another Monday. I went up to the laundry to do a load of wash and when I came back to our boat the internet wasn't working. In panic I called my friends and they said they had internet. "Oh no, I am cut off from cyber space." Since I am not the type of person that can multi task my mission for the day was get help. I approached everyone on the docks and told them my sad story. Nicole saw my tears and came to my rescue. We went into the captains lounge and she used her computer to track down the best way to fix my computer.

Once Myron and Dena left the marina I lost their signals because Myron had me working through their internet to get a better connection. Now the main connector did not recoginize my old numbers or something like that. Praise the Lord once Nicky found the problem and Paul the dockmaster returned to the marina he fixed the problem with the signal, and now I have internet again. Yea!


We got a bad storm around four pm. The winds were blowing 30 to 35 miles per hour ( I don't know how to transfer it into knots) and we got two inches of much needed rain. The thunder was really loud and the lighting pretty severe. Rich was driving home from work in the storm. Lucky was with me in the "Morningstar" and he was scared. Everytime it would thunder Lucky would bark and try to get on my lap.



The next few weeks will be busy for us. We are getting the Morningstar ready to list with Mark Zigler. Our old slip on Dock A is in protected area but moving there will cause us to loose our beautiful river front view. However, along with the view came terrible wakes (boaters who go past the marina full speed and cause the boats at the docks to bounce around). Rich already had to touch up the paint from the force of some of the wakes. I guess that is it for now. Be blessed!








































No comments:

Post a Comment