Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bad Storm Last Night

Rich and I were awaken to the sound of our power going off.  I quickly looked at the clock and it was four am. Since we sleep with our fan blowing on us, the sound of a motor stopping and the air conditioer shutting down jarded us  awake. Once awake, my first thoughs were oh Lord the weather man said the storms were suppose to be south of Duval County. Once I was fully awake,  I could hear the roar of the wind ourtside the boat and the boat lines moving violently. I quickly got up to investigate.  I went to the back of the boat and could feel the wind blowing and the sky looking very angry. I quickly closed up all the canvases, and said a quick thank you to the Lord for alerting me and giving me time to close up the back of the boat before the heavy rain came.

Looking out at the marina it was pitch black except for the flashs of lighting. The only sound was the roaring of the wind and the clacking of the sail boats. Those sail boat really blow around alot in the wind. Their boat lines get a real test of indurance. I looked toward the Ortega River Bridge and it was dark except for a few emergency back up lights. I wondered who else was awake. Fear tried to grip me as I though about some of the awful storms that have been happening across America. Than I quickly said  a short prayer asking for the Lord to keep us all save tonight.  Rich didn't seem too concern and just stayed in bed while I checked everything out.  As I was getting back in bed the electric came back on.  Within a few minutes the full force of the storm hit the marina. I watched it from my bed and let the waves rock me back to sleep.  It is wonderful to know the Lord is watching over us and even awakes me in advance to close up the back of the boat. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment