Sunday, July 3, 2011

A day in the country

I was sitting in the living room having a cup of coffee with Rich when I looked out the window and saw an Amish horse and buggy pass by. I tried to get a picture but I was too late and you are not supposed to take their picture. The Amish purchased many of the farms in Lebanon and are living side by side with the farmers who still use heavy equipment. Two children around the ages of twelve were driving the wagon and once it pasted I could see they were carrying milk jugs. It is truly amazing to watch and hear the horses clattering along the road.  Lebanon is a beautiful place to live and raise a family but a bad place to try to sell a house because there are just not many jobs around. Rich pressured washed the house and it looks great.
I am already missing the water and my friends from OYCM. I set up a small area in the back of the house just off the deck to keep me feeling close to the water.  The life ring came off our 36’ Trojan. I needed to be near boating and our nautical lifestyle.
 Lucky loves the pond and spent almost an hour in it today trying to get a tree root loose but it was not moving.  His paws were covered in mud.  I am sure he will go back to it tomorrow.  It is cool here today the high was only 65. It was damp with no sunshine.
Until next time, Be Blessed my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment