Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our search for the right boat

On Thrusday morning the Bright Morningstar will be awaiting our arrival. I know when we take it out for a sea trial it will run good and the engines will purr like a kitten.  Maybe not a kitten but larger cat. (After all we have two Volvo diesels).
Rich and I are both excited and tired.  We have been looking for boats for months (nonstop). We went to NY and look throughout the state and out to Long Island. From NY we made one fast trip to North Carolina (but I got to see my sister Cathi briefly). Then we went to Michigan, Ohio, NY and back to Florida.
When we got back to Florida we made a trip to Fort Lauderdale to look at a boat and then finally we found our new boat.  Her name was Mutual Fun she was docked on Dunn Creek. Dunn Creek leads into the Saint John’s River in the town of Palatka.  
                                       
 Rich and I are so grateful to Jim and Shirley for selling us their beautiful boat. Here is a picture I took of them the day we gave them our deposit.
Rich and I are going to keep in contact with them as they have become our dear friends.
We had a birthday party for Seth on Friday night. 
We love our family






No comments:

Post a Comment