Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Lord is the Ankor of my soul


Today in the Jesus Calling devotional I got a visual picture of my life viewed from a boater's perspective. The Lord wants me to come to Him continually because He wants to be in the center of my consciousness or the anchor of my soul. My mind wanders from Him but the question is just how far I will let my mind wander.
An anchor on a short rope lets a boat drift only slightly before the taunt line tugs the boat back towards the center. Similarly as I drift away from the loving awareness of the Lord's presence the Lord's Holy Spirit gives me a tug, prompting me to return to Him. As I desire to become more and more increasingly aware and attuned to His presence, the length of the rope on my soul's Anchor is shortened, and I will wander only a short distance before feeling His inner tug telling me to return to my true center in Him. Wow, I love the lessons the Holy Spirit is teaching me.

This blog is just a reflecting of what is going on in my heart and what I chose to share with others. Only the Lord knows what He has planned for me so I will enjoy each moment and share important lessons as I feel inspired.
Today Rich is working on the generator and I am going to the Ortega Landing Marina to go swimming in there beautiful pool and have lunch in the club house with my friend Debbie. It is a beautiful marina and even though I will only be a visitor I will be able to enjoy the pool and have a relaxing afternoon.
Rich needs me out of the boat so he can tear up the floor boards so I gladly offered to leave. Have a nice day everyone and Be Blessed!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment