Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This will make you smile

This is a baby Sting Ray
This is a baby bat

This is a raspberry tea bag

What do they all have in common? The answer many surprise you.

Yesterday morning after spending the weekend at my son's house I decided to take a nice hot shower in our bathroom back home aboard the Morning Star. I set the water temperature and proceeded to put shampoo in my hair when suddenly I felt something under the heal of my left foot. My first reaction what what the heck. These old eyes of mine do not work too well anymore and without my glasses on my vision is somewhat questionable. It felt like a soft mushy sensation so I lifted my foot and looked down to see what I had stepped on. The water in the shower was covering the object but I could see red blood coming out from the gray form and instantly went into a panic.

What could that possibly be I wondered as my mind started racing.  Through my blurred vision the form looked like a baby stingray or perhaps a baby bat. How could that possibly be? I jumped out of the shower, grabbed the plunger and quickly covered the thing. I could see red blood coming out of it and knew I must have killed or badly injured the thing. My heart was racing as I tried to figure out how a bat or sting ray could possibly gotten in to a closed up boat.

I grabbed the shower hose to rince the shampoo out of my hair and than came upstairs to call Rich.  I left the plunger over the bleeding object and was not going back until Rich was home to see what I stepped on. When  I told Rich what I though I stepped on in the shower he laughed and said it seemed impossible. I told my story to the part time dock master thinking he may have some idea of what I could have stepped on. AJ was puzzled but he did not think it was a baby bat or baby sting ray. That is what the shape of the thing looked like to me. I was just going to have to wait until Rich got home to see what it was. I peaked into the shower but the red blood was still flowing out from the plunger.  I was just happy I did not get stung or bitten.

When Rich got home he lifted the plunger and said it is a tea bag. I said that is impossible. He proceeded to come after me with it and I ran out of the boat. Well long story short it was a flattened raspberry tea bag. How it got onto the floor of our shower will remain a mystery. Just another day aboard the Morning Star.  Be Blessed! 

Oh the answer to the riddle. They all have red blood.  LOL


 









No comments:

Post a Comment