Friday, January 13, 2012

I got a call from Sami

January 13, 2012
Sami called me yesterday morning. It took four tries for the call to get through clearly because she was calling me from the Atlantic Ocean.  Sami said she was almost to the Bahamas and getting out of phone contact for awhile. Hearing her voice just melted my heart once again.  I believe that the Lord sent me Sami because he has a special life in store for her. She is a little rainbow of colors and life. Everyone who meets her is drawn to her beautiful child-like innocence and bubbly personality.

I believe that I am Sami’s Spiritual Grandmother and I have been talking to her about Jesus. When she left in February I gave her a Bible and Stewart and Kylie read it to her every night.  Sami told me they did that twice. This time when Sami left, I gave her the book, “Heaven Is For Real.”  Kylie told me she would read it with her. That makes me happy.

When we got back to the OYCM marina with our new Morningstar it was already dark.  Stewart, Kylie, and Sami were already at the marina. In fact Kylie helped us get the boat docked once she realized we had a problem. The fire we had on board caused us to lose reverse. When I saw Sami she asked about the fire on board the boat.  I told Sami that Rich and I had no idea our boat was one fire. We were enjoying a cup of coffee up on the bridge under beautiful sunny skies. We had no idea our engine room was on fire.
I told Sami how the Lord sent His angels to protect us and put out the fire on board our boat. I showed her a visor pin. It was a Guardian Angel. I told Sami I knew there was a real angel that went with the pin. God's angels protected Rich and me from harm and put out the electrical fire, they saved out boat from burning while we were traveling along the St John’s River. She loved that angel pin and when they left on December 29th I gave it to her.  I told Sami the angel would protection them while they were on their boat.  She was so happy.

Just before our call got dropped and lost Sami told me she hoped they did not get any thunder and Lightning Storms. I said, “Sami you are bound to get storms but when you do and when you are scared just call out to Jesus, “Say Jesus I am scared, please help us and he will help you.” Sami said, “Mom said he won’t stop the storms”. I said “Oh yes he will Sami,” Remember how when Jesus’ disciples were out on the lake and a bad storm came. Jesus was watching them from a hill top and heard them calling out to him.  Jesus came to them walking on the water. He commanded the storm to stop.  Insistently the storm stopped. The storm had to listen to the word of God and it has to obey Him. “Yes. I remember that,” she said, “ I thought he could stop a storm.  Than the phone went dead and we lost contact.  Sami tried to call me back but the when I answered the phone there was no connection.  I guess Sami sailed into the part of the Atlantic Ocean with no cell phone.

Seth was the first of our grandchildren to spend the night aboard the “Morningstar”. He came back to the boat with us around nine pm and was as so happy to be with us and we were happy to have him too. Rich and I invited Colton to come with his friend Chris and spend a night on the boat. Jeremy is welcome to come anytime and one day he will. We brought the fishing poles back from storage and a blanket for Seth. Our guest room is ready for guests.  Rich and I moved into the master stateroom about a week ago. 
Seth went fishing all day but did not get even a bite. I think that was because two different divers went into the water around the “Morning Star” dock. We are on Dock A slip #7.  We had a nice day together the weather was perfect.  It was 76 and sunny with no humidity. You can’t beat Florida’s winters. This winter has been delightful down here.
Rich went to the doctor and liked her very much. His heart has a blockage and the arteries in his bi pass are at the end of their life span. Stents would be the fast fix but Rich is starting to wonder if now may be the time for the bi pass while he still healthy for the surgery.  We have been praying for Godly wisdom and understanding to make the right decisions.  Rich has his heart cat on Feb 1st and that will tell us a lot. Well I hope your year is going well and you are being blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment