Monday, October 17, 2011

I’m writing this aboard the “Morningstar”


Today is going to be exciting. Despite being disappointed for the last two week, the canvas man is coming this morning to install the bridge canopy.  He took the old one off two weeks ago. The boat lettering person is also coming today at four pm today.  This man is an artist and will do the lettering and star free hand. I know it will cost us a lot more than vinal letters but I really want the name to be special. I found the font I want to use and a picture of the Morning Star.  The font is going to be difficult to cut out because it is an Old English type of writing. I went to two different sign places in Palatka and got ideas but I did not feel comfortable ordering.  I knew the right person would show up. The man who is coming today does free hand lettering as well as computer cut.  So I am so excited. This is the star and font.
Morning Star   
There is a chance we could be leaving Gibson Dry Dock next weekend if the canvases are done.  The Morningstar needed immediate repairs on the bottom and on her engines. We don’t’ want to bring the “Morningstar” to her home port at the (OYCM) Ortega Yacht Club Marina in Jacksonville Florida without her name reflecting proudly the beauty of her design.  Rich took off the old name “Mutual Fun”. That name was special and brought special love and memories to Jim and Shirley but the Morning Star is our boat now and we know the Lord has plans for us.
The canvas man just came but only to be sure the measurement are right for the bridge. I was able to get a few pictures. 
He took off the sundeck cutrains to work on them this week.
Rich got the back of the boat prepared for her new name
Rich and I chose the name “Morningstar” because we wanted to honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We wanted a name that would honor God and still not turn people away because they think we are “crazy” Christians.  I found a scripture while reading my Bible one day and knew it was the perfect name for our boat.   (Rev. 22:16) “I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things for the churches.  I am the root and the decedent of David, the bright Morning Star.  I am not into the gods of the sea.  How could anyone be when Psalm 93 vs. 4 says The Lord on high is mightier and more glorious than the noise of many waters.  Yes, than the mighty breakers and the waves on the sea.  What an honor to name the Morningstar after my Jesus
Lucky has been staying with Rick and Vande while Rich and I are away working on the Morningstar. We head to Palaka on Thrusday morning and come back to Rick's on Sunday night. I bought a life vest for Lucky in size extra large.  It was too big for him and he doesn't like it to much. I had to take it back to get a size large

 We won't be heading to Jacksonville this weekend but hopefully next weekend. Be blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment