Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Enjoying Dry Dock time aboard the Morningstar.


I love fall and pumpkin faces.  Pumpkins always remind me of my earthly Father. My father’s birthday was October 28th so he always loved the month of October. This adorable little pumpkin brought warm and love into my heart when I first glanced into his cute little face. So I wanted it, but I talked myself out of getting it. When I got back to the boat I was sorry I didn't buy him. I said “Oh Lord,” I loved that little pumpkin.  I'm sorry now I didn't buy it. If you want me to have it than let Rich have to make a trip back to Lowe’s sometime this weekend.  A few hours later, Rich discovered he needed something from Lowe's so I told Rich about the little pumpkin. When we got to Lowe’s I ran over to the pumpkin display.  All the small pumpkins were gone. I was shocked. I looked all around the area and spotted a small pumpkin all by itself upside down.  I grabbed it and said to myself,” I am so glad I have you.”  The pumpkin replied back to my heart, “I have been waited for you to come back all afternoon. I had to slide myself over to get out of the box to wait for you to come back for me.”  I picked it up my little pumpkin and held it proudly in my hands. Thank you Lord for letting me get this pumpkin and having your angles guard it until I could return to Lowe's to buy it.   

Rich and I have been spending the last two weekends aboard the Morningstar. We went on a sea trial with Jim and Shirley on September 23rd and decided to buy the 36’ Sundeck Senator Trawler.  Shirley drove the trawler to Gibson Dry Docks in San Mateo, Florida and we had the boat hauled out.
.  We haven't been able to get Lucky aboard the Morningstar. The only way into the boat now that it is in dry dock is up two flight of steps.  
 
So now the Morningstar is out of the water awaiting her new transformation.  Rich   found a way to get enough electric to our boat to run our small carry on air conditioner. He also managed to get the hot water heater working so we could take showers. We are having new canvas made for the sundeck and upper bridge, Rich removed all the windows in the main bedroom.  That was a job that took him most of the weekend to do.  Rich brought the windows back home and cleaned and fix them. He used a repacking seal to replace the old method and the windows will not leak anymore. This past weekend Rich reinstalled all four windows, and then moved on to his next project the engine room.
 Side window
 We hired a private contractor named Kevin to sand and paint the bottom of the boat and repair some fiberglass. This past week Kevin finished the bottom and He is still working on the fiberglass repairs. The canvas man said he will be working on the canvases this week.
Rich and I are so happy right now and feel so blessed. We are living with our son and daughter-in-law in Bryceville Florida. Rick and Vande have been wonderful hosts and we feel very loved and welcomed. We just need our own nest and so for the past two weekends Rich and I have been living aboard the boat in dry dock. My amazing husband was able to get the hot water heater working and the tanks filled with water so we could take a shower aboard. I can’t cook aboard nor will I try until Rich has a change to go over the propane cooking stove area. I would prefer electric cooking but propane is the right thing to use when you plan to spend a lot of time on the hook. For you non boaters that means the anchor.
 Our dock master from the OYCM said he might stop by Gibson's Dry Dock on Saturday to see our boat. He is very excited for us. Paul came while I was out shopping so I missed seeing him and I was very disappointed. I wanted to see the look on Paul’s face when he saw our beautiful boat.
The Morningstar is in need of a lot of hard work to get her beautiful again, but if she was not in the shape she is in, we would never have been able to buy her.
Morningstar on the hard
I asked Kevin if he knew of anyone who did boat lettering and he gave me the name of an artist who does free hand boat lettering. I want to have the name “Bright Morningstar” and a picture of the morning star on the back and sides of the boat.
The guide book says the trip along the Saint John’s River from Palatka (San Mateo)Florida to Jacksonville is supposed to be 50 nautical miles. Fifty nautical miles along the river will give us a chance to learn how to handle the boat. We plan to stay anchored out on Black Creek for one night. That will be a fun trip back home to our OYCM family.

Rich and I will be back working on the  boat this weekend. We hope to leave tomorrow afternoon and return Sunday night. To all my family, friends, and three followers, Have a beautiful fall season.  Enjoy the beautiful colors of the changing leaves. I sure miss that beauty being down here in Florida but soon Rich, Lucky and I will be living our dream.  Be blessed!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment