Sunday, December 21, 2014

The count down begins

The countdown begins. Rich, Lucky and I are preparing for our first major boating adventure. Our departure date is set for December 27 (weather permiting)  We will be leaving our marina (Ortega Yacht Club Marina) on the Ortega River in Jacksonville and taking the Saint John's River to Mayport. In Mayport we will go south on the intercoastal to St Lucie. In St Lucie we will head west on the Okeechobee Waterway and cross Flordia coming out to the Gulf of Mexico. We will travel north at the Gulf and head up to Punta Gorda. We plan to stay at the Lashley Park Marina for a week and visit our dear friends Ron and Kathy Fitzgerald. We have not seen them in many many years and are looking forward to the visit. After that we plan to go south on the gulf to the keys and return home along the east coast. 

It is exciting to be finally leaving but also scary. I know that the Lord is leading us and He will be with us where ever we go. My first real challenge will be learning how to grab a mooring ball. I will get my first chance in Saint Augustine. I have gotten myself crazy in anticipation of it but know when the time comes I will do it. I found a Hook and Moor Boat Hook that is designed to handle the situation.  
 So with this hook I should be fine.
This picture was taken by Dena just before they left the marina.

 
 
 We had new cushions made for the salon and bridge and they came out beautiful!
 

That's it for now!
Be Blessed
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment