Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgivng

I know I am a week late in wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a great day with family and friends. Rich, Lucky, and I went to our son Rick's house and I made dinner. Since it was Rick's year to have the boys it was my joy to be able to prepare the meal. 

 My heart was torn this year because part of me wanted to be with our marina family. This is the first year that a Thanksgiving meal was offered at the marina. The turn out was fantastic. Myron and Dena prepared two turkeys one smoked and one grilled. Twenty two people showed up bringing a special dish to share. By the time we got back to the marina at six pm there wasn't ever a piece of pie left. I am glad they all had a good time. This marina is truly blessed with wonderful caring people.

Rich has been busy working in the engine room. He is changing wiring and getting all the systems up and running correctly. We decided to move the Morningstar to Dock A. I really didn't want to do this because I love my slip on Dock C. On dock C we get a lot of shaking from the fast boaters. They ignore the manatee zone and speed past the docks on plane, but to me the view of the Ortega River is worth the rocking. We are only moving because while we were in NY dockmaster Paul let a 46' Sailboat dock across from our slip and his boat sticks out too far into the waterway. This narrows the area for boaters to pass through. So to be considerate of the other boaters in the marina one of us had to move.
Our new slip on Dock A has a nice view but my internet service is much slower and I do not get ION television channels anymore. My camera battery died just minutes before the move to Dock A so I had to order a new one. I feel truly lost without my camera. So for now there will be no new pictures until I get the battery.
Lucky is now very comfortable with the boat and is finally sleeping at the foot of our bed again. Well I guess that is all for now.
Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment